Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Queen of Style by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner - review



The Queen of Style by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner
I haven't done this in a while - sat down with a stack of promising-looking picture books and reviewed them regardless of whether or not I particularly like them. I cheated a little today, I had many many to choose from and I really did pick only the most promising-looking.

The Queen of Style looks promising for the saucer-eyed, enthusiastic-looking Queen on the cover and her happily fancied-up subjects. Closer inspection reveals a fun, cute story with lots of color and terrific facial expressions, plus a nice little lesson about consideration and listening at the end.

Not just for girls, due in part to the reactions of Queen Sophie's farmers and sheep. They don't look all that thrilled to be getting manicures and perms!

No comments: